Moving and Handling Training for Carers (Option A) 23rd AUG 2023
Do you support the person you care for to get in and our of the chair or bed?
This half day course offers training and information on:
- Posture – protect your back and promote good posture both for yourself and the person you care for.
- Techniques – supporting movement, transferring someone from one seated position to another and getting up from the floor.
- Supporting Independent Movement – verbal prompting techniques to encourage someone to move independently.
- Using Equipment to Support Movement – what’s available and how to use it.
- Identifying and Minimising Risks – including overview of current legislation.
We also offer training for carers who use a hoist, please contact Portsmouth Carers Service for more information on course availability and dates.