Moving and Handling Training for Carers (Option A & B with HOIST) 26th APR 2023
26 April 2023
Civic Offices, PO1 9ST
This full day course offers training and information on:
- Posture – protect your back and promote good posture both for yourself and the person you care for.
- Techniques – supporting movement, transferring someone from one seated position to another, getting up from the floor, repositioning someone in bed and using a hoist to transfer from one place to another.
- Supporting Independent Movement – verbal prompting techniques to encourage someone to move independently.
- Using Equipment to Support Movement – what’s available and how to use it.
- Identifying and Minimising Risks – including overview of current legislation.
We also offer training for carers who do not use a hoist or who only need hoist training, please contact Portsmouth Carers Service for more information on course availability and dates.